Tuesday, October 10, 2017

North Carolina Wildlife

     Tim and I had a wonderful trip down to North Carolina, primarily to visit family. We had a lovely time with Tim's and my family, meeting some of our youngest family members for the first time.
     In our free time, we went for a walk, napped, and went for more walks. I also got an amazing pedicure with my mother and sister-in-law-- I am a sucker for a leg and foot massage, so I'll admit-- it was really awesome.
     Anyway- on the wildlife front, not too many new birds for the year list, but a nice one was an Eastern Bluebird. But I also got to see some other wildlife, which was a nice treat and one of the best critters was right in my mother-in-law's yard!
A common buckeye in the flowers growing along the pond in the yard.

I was standing under a tree and looked at the branch next to me a found this!

A smooth green snake!
What a cutie!!!




I see you!

This was a really fun treat- I LOVE snakes!

1 of 2 muscovy ducks at Falls Lake Recreation area.

2 of 2 muscovy ducks... these are a domestic duck that was not uncommon at all.

Went for a walk at Lynn Lake and saw a good number of birds, including but not limited to some killdeer.

Lots of turtles, including this painted turtle, some cooter species, and the invasive red eared sliders.




No comments:

Post a Comment