Monday, April 14, 2014

Awesome Sightings!

     I made an early venture into Prospect Park, Brooklyn. I'll just let the photos do the talking...
Female redwing black bird down at the lake.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SAW- A swallow tailed kite flew over the Lullwater. This is super zoomed in. The original photo follows. Much too large to be a swallow - normally these birds live in the South Eastern United States.
The original photo and the only photo I was quick enough to get!
The always handsome cardinal...

Even in a subpar photo, Mallards are gorgeous in flight!

A handsome American Robin.
I heard green heron calls and then I found him! So glad they are back for the season!

A mallard drake. 
Dust bath time.



peregrine? merlin? 

a lone egg near the boat house.
First warbler! A (blurry) prairie warbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment